[TR] tr-3 ignition light on dash

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] tr-3 ignition light on dash
From: Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 19:39:33 -0700 (PDT)
I saw a post mentioning a dash ignition light that stayed on and I'm having
the same issue with my tr-3.  I hadn't really considered it significant
because I have been watching all kinds of other issues while breaking in a new
engine.

Is it the voltage regulator that controls this small light?  I have
had one event of weak battery (its a new battery) so I have wondered about the
electrical system.  Checked the dynamo and output fluctuates (due to varying
idle?) between 10-15 volts, so I think that is good.

I'm assuming I should
look into voltage regulator, cutout ect.  The methods for adjusting those look
daunting.  Are these adjustments commonly needed?  Easy to do?
thanks...........gary n.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive