Re: [TR] electronic ignition vs CEI, HEI vs CDI - a little technical

To: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>, <spamiam@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] electronic ignition vs CEI, HEI vs CDI - a little technical
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:32:51 -0600
" I was able to limp home (actually it ran fine) by fabricating a
replacement button from a paper
 clip.  On the new cap, I removed the original resistor button and replaced
it with a chunk of relatively pure carbon (carved from the center post of a
flashlight battery), which was still working fine many years later when I
decided to try a Crane XR3000 (optical triggered CDI).

 -- Randall"

OK, you live in California, right? did they use you for the inspiration for
the old show McGyver?

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive