[TR] TR3 engines

Subject: [TR] TR3 engines
From: terryrs at comcast.net (terryrs at comcast.net)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:50:58 +0000 (UTC)
>By 61, it almost certainly had the late starter originally; but it's not at
>all unusual to find that someone converted at some point; intentionally or
>not.  Back in the 70's, everyone _knew_ "They're all the same".

Heartily second this.  When I restored my rusted '59 TR3A, it had sat for 27
years.  I had the starter rebuilt, reinstalled it, and it didn't work.  Turns
out, someone had bought a new starter...a bullet-nose...and it was the wrong
one for the flywheel.  That actually might have been why somebody parked it in
the first place back in 1973, being unable to figure out why it wouldn't
start....