[TR] thread size tr2 gear shift handle

To: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] thread size tr2 gear shift handle
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 16:49:12 -0400
--===============0436022803==

--bcaec53f95ef03bfcf04a356ad19

My gear shift lever on my TR2 apparently has some issues.  It is lackign a
threaded section,  I presume it had broken off long before I came into
possesion.

It's an early long door - and I seem to recall some dents in it and epoxying
a walnut shift handle on to it some 30 years ago.

a good Triumph friend, Hermann V  of the HVDA transmission conversion fame,
had an extra TR3 shift lever and he volunteered it to the cause.  Only
issue,  the threads are in rough shape.  Does anyone know the size tap I'd
need.  It appears to be a very fine thread 7/16th.dia.

If anyone has a tap and could chase it for me - even better.

Thanks

Chris

--bcaec53f95ef03bfcf04a356ad19

ackign a threaded section,=A0 I presume it had=A0broken off long before I c=
ame into possesion.</div>
d epoxying a walnut shift handle on to it some 30 years ago.</div>
n fame, had an extra TR3 shift lever and he volunteered it to the cause.=A0=
 Only issue, =A0the threads are in rough shape.=A0 Does anyone know the siz=
e tap I&#39;d need.=A0 It appears to be a very fine thread 7/16th.dia.</div=

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums