[TR] Sealing methods for TR2 and TR3 transmission covers/ doghouse

To: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Sealing methods for TR2 and TR3 transmission covers/ doghouse
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:42:01 -0400
--===============1625295902==

--bcaec548a2e92bbdba04a3f3510c

Got the transmission out of the TR2 this weekend and cut the clutch fork out
and replaced the transmission

Believe it or not - the transmission tunnel is in great shape - no rust just
covered with the remains of rubber backed carpeting the DPO  put on it back
in the 70's.

Got to looking on line and there does not appear to be rubber sealing strips
like my TR4 has.

Appealing to the collective wisdom of the list -- what is the best way to
seal the tunnell when I replace it?

Found the size tap I needed at Macy's Garage - they also sell the locknut
for under the knob!

Thanks,

Chris

--bcaec548a2e92bbdba04a3f3510c

Got the=A0transmission=A0out of the TR2 this weekend and cut the clutch for=
the transmission tunnel is in great shape - no rust just covered with the r=
emains of rubber backed carpeting the DPO =A0put on it back in the 70&#39;s=
.</div>

o the collective wisdom of the list -- what is the best way to seal the tun=
nell when I replace it?</div>

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive