Re: [TR] Miata seats

To: "Don Spence" <dkspence@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Miata seats
From: "Bob Danielson" <75tr6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 18:12:52 -0500
Don,
The seats up to 1999 should fit with no problem. Once you get to the newer
seats, they get to wide in the shoulder area and interfere with the
top...... at least on a TR6. The earlier ones also had a cutout in the
headrest for speakers which is great for hearing the radio while driving :-)

I recovered mine in leather from leatherseats.com. They usually have a
monthly eBay auction for black leather to fit the early Miatas. Same covers
that they sell in their store can be won on eBay at a major savings. It took
me a few of their auctions to get them at the price I was willing to pay.

I made up my own mounting kit but I also worked with Joe Alexander to help
him iron out the kinks in the original design.

You can see my whole installation/recovering process on my site at
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/MiataSeats1.htm

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 with:
Throttle Body Injection