Re: [TR] [SPAM] Electronic ignition systems

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] [SPAM] Electronic ignition systems
From: "dave" <dave@ranteer.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:35:37 -0500
to answer your question, I had two distributors, both rebuilt by Jeff at
Advanced Dsitributors.

one was points, the other a pertronix.  I have them set up so that they are
interchangeable.  each has its own new cap, rotor, wires, etc.  the goal
being something goes wrong I pull one (the whole thing) and bolt in the
other.

this difference between the two is very noticeable.  the pertronix gives me
measurably better performance and top speed.

my opinion - get your dizzy rebuilt by jeff, and go with the pertronix.
have a second dizzy ready to go and you'll never need it.

> I can accept that a perfectly set-up ignition module has the car running
> better than perfectly well set-up points, but is the difference worth it?
> Is
> the difference that marked? Compared to badly adjusted or worn points, I'm
> sure it is. But compared to points and timing in great shape and adjusted
> correctly, I wonder?

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47