Re: [TR] 4 or 7 PSI radiator cap

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] 4 or 7 PSI radiator cap
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:41:04 -0700
> Any fundimental difference between the cooling system on a 3A
> vs. 3B that would explain the different recommended cap?

I give up, who recommends a 7 psi cap for the TR3B but not 3A?

> Waterpump, rad and hoses are new the only
> possible weak point might be the heater core.

IMO the heater core is the only possible problem.  I've been running 10 psi
for quite a few years (but I don't have a heater).  I have had a few hoses
fail, but I think it was just old age.  New hoses don't seem to have any
problem (but it is kind of important to tighten the hose clamps <G>)

The TR3 is still running hotter than it should.  We just got home from
driving over 300 miles today; gauge hovered around 220F for most of the way
but it didn't lose a drop of coolant even climbing Grapevine hill at 75 mph
in 90+ heat.

Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html