[TR] Radiator shroud: fabrication

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Radiator shroud: fabrication
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:18:07 +0000 (UTC)
I decide to use the TRF cardboard radiator shroud as a template, although I did
paint and re-paint it with Rustoleum this time instead of rubberized
undercoating.

The material I used was some vinyl I had hanging around for a shower stall.  It
bends, is waterproof, and maybe even crackproof.

Another thing occurred to me as I installed it.  The path of rain through the
grill is direct to the distributor and coil when you don't have a shroud.  I
had been stalling in torrential downpours.  I'm beginning to wondeer whether
this might help....

Thanks for all your help.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire