[TR] GL5 in a diff

To: "tr3driver@ca.rr.com" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>,
Subject: [TR] GL5 in a diff
From: "Brian Jones" <Brian.L.Jones@gsk.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 07:14:25 -0500
Thanks Randall - there is a lot of contradictory guff online on oil topics
generally and GL4/5 in particular, where threads seem to get rather heated,
rather quickly.

I'll look for some MT1-standard oil. One thread I found stated that synthetics
labeled for GL4 or 5 applications do not have the sulphur additives that you
mentioned, I guess they will be rated MT1.

Like this one: http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/svg.aspx

"Recommended for use in differentials, manual transmissions and other gear
applications requiring any of the following specifications: API GL-5, MT-1,
MIL-PRF-2105E, Dana SHAES 234 (Formerly Eaton PS-037), Mack GO-J, or the
differential (hypoid) gear oil specifications from all domestic and foreign
manufacturers such as GM, Ford and Daimler Chrysler. Can also be used in axles
where an API GL-4 lubricant is recommended."
Brian

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47