[TR] TR3 Fan Belt

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 Fan Belt
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 00:58:10 +0000 (UTC)
Did the deed.  Pulled the front apron, radiator, fan, hub, and timing chain
cover.  Replaced the oil seal, installed a Speedi-Sleeve (easy), and started
buttoning things back up.  ...Except.

...Since the alternator conversion, I've found the stock wide belts are a mite
too tight even at the best possible adjustment.  In fact, I have to disconnect
the alternator and reinstall it with the belt threaded onto all the pulleys.
Do-able, but a pain (especially when Number 3 Son borrowed my crowbar to a
friend's demolition party and forgot to bring it home).

Is there a source for these wide belts that are a tad longer, so it can be
changed out without all that fuss?

New radiator and hoses, forgot to tape the threads on the bottom valve.  Oh
well, I'll buy some plumbers tape tomorrow.

Did the John Wise heater conversion.  Hope to be warm for the first time
driving to work in late October!

Back on the road probably Thursday.  Cheers!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html