Re: [TR] Fw: A type overdrives and MT90

To: <fogbro1@comcast.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Fw: A type overdrives and MT90
From: Randy and Valerie DeRuiter <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 10:55:50 -0500
> Now I'm not trying to start a long winded discussion here, and I'm not
> suggesting that we all run out and buy Redline MT90. I'm just suggesting
that,
> in the event you have a newly rebuilt 'A' type that sticks in overdrive,
you
> might consider changing the fluid.

Ed-

I had the exact same issue in my TR4 od last year - I had just put in a
generic non-detergent 30 wt oil bought from a flaps.  After just a few days,
my od was having difficulty disengaging.  In my case I switched to Valvoline
VR1 20W50 and have had zero issues (though my next change I have MT90 to try
out instead).

This sounds like a potential lesson learned to stay away from generic 30 wt
oils..

Randy
64 TR4
59 TR3A