Re: [TR] Off topic but fun anyway

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Off topic but fun anyway
From: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:50:19 -0600
Randall wrote:
>> So - Does anybody think it is actually possible? Through a
>> chain-link fence in
>> idle? Hmmm... Cheap fence I suppose.
>>

>> But there should have been an interlock, unless someone disabled it.
>>
>> And I don't see any question that the dealership is liable for damage to the
>> car.  They might in turn have a claim against Ford for any defects, but they
>> were supposed to be in control when in fact they were not.  Regardless of
>> who parked it in gear without setting the parking brake.

No regardless about it.  The description of the situation was that the
service manager was getting the car for the customer _after_ servicing.
That means that the dealership or one of its authorized agents left the
parking brake off and the drivetrain in gear.  Moreover, as you say, the
service manager had the keys and remote in hand--he had the car in his
control.

Even a C- graduate of law school would have fun with this one.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive