Re: [TR] vtr

To: sumton@sbcglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] vtr
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:40:02 EST
In a message dated 3/1/2010 9:08:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sumton@sbcglobal.net writes:

I just  received an email from the Vintage Triumph Register.  every email
they
send out has your username and password in clear text.

help me  out people - this is the most egregious security practice I have
ever
seen.

help me out here - how is this practice different from the "forgotten
password" emails one gets from any other institution when one forgets  the
password and requests one?
Until you answer that - I LIKE having the password that handy for my use
and don't want the policy changed - Its not like anybody can do me any damage
 with unauthorized access to the VTR members only website.

please  send them an email and tell them to stop this practice!!!!!
tell them you  will not renew until they cease this incredibly  amateurish
habit.

Have you already privately sent such an email to any member of the VTR
board whose names and addresses appear on the inside cover of every issue of
TVT  you receive?  and not received a response?
If not, how is your email not far more amateurish than you claim the
"egregious practice" is?

Thanks,
Jack McGahey

Triumphs@autox.team.net