[TR] Fwd: Fwd: Caliper Piston Removal

To: email list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Fwd: Fwd: Caliper Piston Removal
From: Brian Jones <tr4zest@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:02:08 -0500
 That is interesting, Randall, and as Rick says, the compressability effect
is too small to notice - I didn't notice it (in fact because my swap
involved a full bleed through, my brake pedal got stiffer, not softer). I
can lock up all four wheels on my TR4...

There are some reports, apparently in error, of DOT 5 having a lower boiling
point. From the VTR maintenance section:

   - "DOT5 is slightly compressible (giving a very slightly soft pedal), and
   has a lower boiling point than DOT4. "

One complaint I heard against DOT 5 is its expense. Yes, the bottle price is
more (double?) but any economy quickly disappears when your DOT 4-filled
master cylinder fails and you find a large area of ruined paint under the
hood, as I found, nevermind that also as DOT 5 doesn't absorb water, it need
not be routinely replaced like DOT 3/4 *should* be, every 3 or so years.

Brian

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net