[TR] Report from British Legends

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Report from British Legends
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 00:34:54 -0400
This past weekend the Cape Cod British Car Club held its annual
British Legends weekend.  Sharon and I took the GT6.

Legend has it that the sun exists over The Cape.  The 50-some mile
tour on Saturday showed no evidence of it.  Just getting from the inn
to the start required traversing puddles seemingly a foot deep, the
Atlantic pounding away on our left, water up to the gunwales.  We
lost a few ignition pulses here and there.  Half of that same
Atlantic fell from the sky during the ride.  We lost more pulses but
never stalled.  About a dozen drivers braved the rain for the tour
and everyone came back with water sloshing on the floor.  Most of
that water came from the puddles which some SUV drivers were afraid
to drive through.  The tour stopped for a fun boat trip up and down
the Canal, and lo! the rain let up.  I bailed out of the "scenic"
return route to get back to the inn to clean up some of the mess
while the sky was more air that water.

You see, Lucas P of D had struck.  The GT6's dome light was on even
though the doors and hatch were shut.  Water must have seeped into
the wiring and shorted to ground one of the wires to the door
switches.  Couldn't fix it so I just pulled the bulb to save the
battery.

The sun eventually emerged for the Sunday show which attracted maybe
50 to 100 cars.  (I didn't count them.)  TR6s and MGBs were the most
numerous.  Also some nice MGAs, Jags, MG-TDs, a TR250, 2 TR3s, and
assorted other cars, 4 Triumph bike, 2 Nortons, and one BSA.

I put a pictures online at
http://world.std.com/~muller/stuff/BritishLegendPics

It was a great weekend and a fun, sunny ride home.  Thanks to all who
put it together.

By Sunday evening I'd partially dried the carpet, and the dome light
had finally gone out.  Still haven't put the seats back in yet.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com

http://www.vtr.org