Re: [TR] Cargo- Bootleg Beer

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Cargo- Bootleg Beer
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 09:16:20 -0400
When I was in college (60's), my home town did not sell alcohol, (well
not legally anyway) and they had this big dance for the kids in town. A
buddy & I decided we could make some money so we went to a town that
sold beer cheap ($4/case) and put 4 cases in the trunk and sold to the
young high school studs for 50 cents each so we would have grossed
$48....would have except the police showed up and confiscated our beer.
I was worried they would take my car and today they probably would have
but back then in a small town everyone knew each other. I kept the car
and they had the beer....fair trade in my book anyway. :-)

Doug

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net