[TR] Forming plexi

To: Daybell7@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Forming plexi
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:33:28 -0700
pethier@comcast.net wrote :
> I would not go near a piece of plexi with a heat gun unless I was
> trying to form it.

Since you've raised the topic, what is the easiest way for a total novice to
go about putting some mild bends in some 3/16" Plexiglas?  I've got some old
AMCO wind deflectors for my project TR3, but the plexi is broken on one
side.  The original had a gentle S-curve to fit around the car body better,
which I would like to duplicate for a replacement piece.

Is a heat gun the way to go?  Are we talking hair dryer or heat shrink
tubing gun?

-- Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net