Re: [TR] Suspension rebuild questions

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Angelo Graham"
Subject: Re: [TR] Suspension rebuild questions
From: "Tom Walling & Wendy Rose" <pdqtr6@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:06:31 -0400
> Do the outer control arm bushings that pivot on the trunions require
> reaming to fit??

 Yes, especially if you also replaced the trunions and the pins that go
through the bushings are the original size.  I had quite a bit of trouble
finding a machine shop that could handle the job.  I gave the machinist the
bushings, control arms, and trunions so he could make the measurements.

> Does anyone have a source for some information on a front end re-build?

The manual has good pictures of the whole assembly, but the text is a little
"thin".  The Moss catalog shows every part and where they go (a sort-of
assembly diagram).

> What about an assembly lube for the nylon and urethane bushes - any
> recommendations?

I used anti-sieze compound with good results when I did my TR6 3 or 4 years
ago.  Still squeek free.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net