Re: [TR] tr3 clutch slave cylinder

To: "'Frank Fisher'" <yellowtr3@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] tr3 clutch slave cylinder
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 11:42:31 -0700
> so today's question is what was the bore of the 1958/59 TR3 slave
> cylinder? 1"?

I believe that is correct.

> and if I'm thinking properly, if i change to a 7/8" bore, it will be a
> little tougher to push the pedal down but ill get more travel at the slave
> cylinder?

Also correct (about 30% more force), but I'm wondering why you would want to
do that to a TR3.  The original system has plenty of travel unless something
else is wrong.  It's the TR6, with that plastic balloon connecting the slave
& MC (plus other unfortunate changes), that sometimes has trouble with
insufficient travel.

-- Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net