Re: [TR] How long did it take?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] How long did it take?
From: "Brian Induni" <308gtsi@roadrunner.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:44:37 -0700
Thanks to all who had input to my seemingly unanswerable question! Lots of
you said "years", and yes I spent nearly 3 years on my 67 TR4A, but when I
thought about the actual time spent, I estimated it was a few hours a day
(sometimes more sometimes none at all), added it all up and come up with my
rough figure of 1500 hours. And I believe the data shows that to be a pretty
decent estimate.

So, if anyone else is a data junkie like me, all the input I received from
this list as well as other lists and friends tells me that to bring a TR
from a "5" to a "2" will take the average Joe about 1600 hours. Of course,
there are MANY extenuating factors like rust, accident damage, unavailable
parts, and general life occurrences. And just like building a house, much of
the progress is made early on in big brush strokes while the finish work
takes forever. The data shows that going from a "5" to a "4" takes roughly
100 hours, but from a "4" to a "3" takes 500 hours! The next couple of steps
take the same kind of big jumps.

As an interesting point, I had zero people tell me they brought their car to
a "1". That means people are actually driving their cars and not building
trailer queens! :-)

If you have input but didn't want to publicize, send to me directly and I'll
aggregate in to the rest of the data. Send it to 308gtsi@roadrunner.com

Thanks again to all and I hope you find this data useful!

Brian

Looking for my next car project and marketing client.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net