[TR] 1976 TR6 air pump rattle

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] 1976 TR6 air pump rattle
From: davgil@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 14:45:27 -0400
This should be a softball for the experts on this list, but I simply don't know
the answer.? While?running the engine in my 1976 TR6, I heard what sounded like
a rattle that I had not noticed before, though it may have been merrily
rattling along for some time.? As I focused on the sound, I believe that it is
coming from the air pump (smog pump?) rather than from the engine internals.?
If this is the problem, and I decide to eliminate the pump, can I simply remove
the belt between the water pump and air pump with no further action necessary,
or should I blank off the connection from the pump?? If I am going to remove
the pump, should I remove all of the pollution controls?? I am in Georgia and
the car no longer requires an inspection so that particular issue will not
raise its ugly head.? The car is an occasional driver, not a daily driver.?
Except for a Crane electronic ignition, my car is very stock with all pollution
equipment still in place.? Your advice is greatly appreciated.
David Gill
1976 TR6

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net