Re: [TR] Anyone use or know of: Evans NPG+ coolant?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, aribert@c3net.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Anyone use or know of: Evans NPG+ coolant?
From: <fishplate@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 13:31:40 -0400
---- aribert@c3net.net wrote:

> THis morning driving to work the ambient temp was 37 deg F.
<snip>
>  THe water
> temp needle was within 1/16 inch of touching the red. The water temp did
> not drop while on the freeway.  From past testing, the water temp in the
> upper rad tank / upper rad hoses in 210 deg F at this gage reading.  From
> past experience, when the needle is centered on the red mark on the gage,
> the car begins to boil over.

It's not clear if high-powered cooling system is new or if it worked
satisfactorily prior to this hot day.

Before I bought snake oil by the gallon, I'd check to make sure that "past
testing" = "present testing".  In other words, is the gauge still accurate?
I'd suspect a voltage stabilizer problem before anything else...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net