Re: [TR] Troubleshooting A-type Overdrive

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, William Brewer
Subject: Re: [TR] Troubleshooting A-type Overdrive
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee18@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 07:57:27 -0700
I would start by just offering power to the solenoid (yellow/purple I think)
and see if it clicks.  If yes then check out the relay, switch and lock-out
switches one by one.  All this should be possible with the tunnel in situ.

I have heard someone say they have replaced the solenoid w/o removing the
tunnel by getting underneath with an assortment of shoot-around-the-corner
wrenches but it can't be much fun.

I added a rectangular hole in the tunnel to allow access to that area.
Covered with a sheet metal plate when not in use:

http://members.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/Tunnel%20Holes.JPG

Geo

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net