[TR] How to fix TR4 horn.

To: <pethier@comcast.net>, <dave1massey@cs.com>
Subject: [TR] How to fix TR4 horn.
From: tom white <tswhitez123@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:54:30 +0000
The fix for the intermittent horn beeping is simple.  Remove the turn signal
switch from the steering column.  Using appropriate pliers remove the  turn
signal deactivator clip from the steering shaft.  The clip has a dimple in it
the will locate it on the steering shaft when reinstalled.  Cut off half the
distance from the dimple to the top of the clip.  Reinstall the clip and turn
signal switch.

Best regards,
Tom

> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:44:19 +0000
> From: pethier@comcast.net
> To: Dave1massey@cs.com
> CC: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [TR] control head redesign? now TR4 horn.
>
> ----- Dave1massey@cs.com wrote:
> > Reminds me of many years ago my MG's horn wouldn't work.  I traced it
> > to a
> > bad ground through the steering column.  I connected a wire to the
> > column,
> > wrapped it around the column a few times and attached it to ground.
>
> I did that with the TR4.  Worked until the wire broke.
>
> Now I have properly fixed the grounds on the steering shaft and the horn
works fine.  Problem is there is some sort of intermittant short in the column
causing the horn to beep when I don't want it to.  Sue and I were getting
dirty looks as we crept through the crowds at Back To The 50s.  Sue instructed
me to disconnect the horn, so now I'm back where I started, with no horn.

> Phil Ethier West Side Saint Paul Minnesota USA
> 1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L   1979 Caterham 7
> 1993 Suburban  1994 Miata C-package  2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
> pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
> http://forum.mnautox.com/forums   http://www.flickr

> http://www.vtr.org
>

> Triumphs@autox.team.net
>
> You are subscribed as tswhitez123@hotmail.com
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

Windows Live: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_012009

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net