[TR] TR3 Steering Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 Steering Wheels
From: Brian Jones <banc8004@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 05:24:34 -0400
The steering wheel on my TR4 seemed to be a grey, fibrous material. I
took care to not breathe it in.

You can buy a kit from Eastwood:
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=2569&itemType=PRODUCT

Or you can put a kit together yourself.

PC7 is the filler in the Eastwood kit. It is available from any decent
hardware store, HD, and Lowes. It sets to a similar density to the
original wheel casting.

For the cracks, a used a dremel to cut out grooves from this ||, to
wider fissures shaped /__\ as much as possible, much wider than the
original cracks.

Give yourself the time to sand the PC7 back to the original contours.
This is the time-consuming part, if you take care.

The pick up a primer and top coat of your choice. I went with an
plastic adhesive promoter first in case the sanded original surface
had any plastic-like tendencies, then a sandable primer (x2), then top
coat (x 4 coats).

Brian

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net