Re: [TR] Catastrophic oil line failure for oil pressure gauge

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Catastrophic oil line failure for oil pressure gauge
From: thenicholls@verizon.net
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 16:21:08 -0500 (CDT)
Randall and the list,

Always enjoy reading your responses, and I have learned a lot.  Does
anyone know who or who could produce a steel line replacement for this
hose?  I would be buying that in a second.  Nothing in my garage to
craft that item.

By the way, stereo in the garbage.  10 rolls of paper towels wicking up
the oil, no real damage to the carpet.  I was advised by TRF and Mount
Joy's to not under any circumstances use water on wool carpet.  Some
folks recomended a dry cleaner, but as most people say, they still use
water in the process.

Heading to the Hunt Country Classis here in Middleburg, VA tomorrow.
Ordered a new stereo on Ebay to replace the one tha had 1/2 quart of oil
in it, but I feel lucky.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post, much appreciated.

Craig H. Nicholls
Vienna, VA
1972 Triumph TR6

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Randall wrote:

>> The oil line that drives the oil pressure gauge failed

Which would seem to me an excellent reason to either convert to a steel
line
(as the TR2-3 used) or to an electric oil pressure gauge.

Sorry to hear about your accident, Craig.

Randall
http://www.vtr.org <http://www.vtr.org> B  <http://www.vtr.org>

Triumphs@autox.team.net <mailto:Triumphs@autox.team.net> B
<mailto:Triumphs@autox.team.net>