Re: [TR] TR4 panel lamp rheostat CORRECTION

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 panel lamp rheostat CORRECTION
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:46:34 -0500
Upon further review, the gap was mostly an illusion, probably only 1/32" and
readily pushed together.

The threads on the switch are about 13/32" long, and the total construction
of the steel and wood dashes is about 7/16" thick, leaving the threads 1/32"
recessed, rather than standing out 1/16" or so to allow the bezel to thread
on.  The factory parts book shows a flat bezel like I have, but a "top-hat"
style that goes through the dash a bit would work.  What's going on ??

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net