[TR] Rocker Arm Spacers  Value?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Rocker Arm Spacers  Value?
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:54:17 -0400
List,

If you look at any rocker arm shaft used by a TR in competion, it will likely
have spacers. Not because it measurably increases HP or provides a measurable
heat reduction. It is simply something you do because you can.

When you add up all little 'improvements' it does make a difference.

And if properly fitted, they can provide positive location of the rocker arms
at all rpm levels.

If you rebuild your rocker arm shafts (and you likely should)the Nylatron
Spacers make a nice addition..... if you are so inclined to do this to your
street car.

It's a personal choice. For example, I have anodized aluminum tube that
replaces the tower support cross bar on my fanless engine. It doesnt do much,
but it is amazing how many folks (racers) who have asked me to make more of
them. IT LOOKS COOL!

They CAN provide some measure of camber adjustment (RH/LH Threads)I made mine
on the basis of a conversation with Kas Kastner. (Yup, he used rocker arm
spacers, too)

Joe Alexander

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net