Re: [TR] TR4A Front Wheel Bearings

To: "'Randall'" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A Front Wheel Bearings
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:59:08 -0400
Good suggestion - Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces+auprichard=comcast.net@autox.team.net
[mailto:triumphs-bounces+auprichard=comcast.net@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of
Randall
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 9:56 AM
To: 'Triumphs'

> Randall:  would you agree that the newer felt seals have a
> lot of (=too
> much) felt ?  I actually peeled off a layer or two before installing.

I don't know if they are all that way, but it does seem to be common.

But, as long as you set the bearing clearance without the felt in the way,
it won't hurt anything.  The procedure I suggested (mark & count turns
without the felt in place) was actually the factory-recommended procedure at
one point; so it may be that the felts were "too thick" even then.

Randall
http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net

You are subscribed as auprichard@comcast.net