Re: [TR] WTB: Late TR6 Head

To: Craig <wensley_Tr@comcast.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] WTB: Late TR6 Head
From: Chad <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:28:38 -0700 (PDT)
Craig-
I can't get it welded up because the break is on the bolt hole boss in
the jacket.  It is completely shattered.  A DPO overtightened or used a too
long bolt.  I consulted a cylinder head repair shop that has 50+ years
experience.  They said the could repair it, but couldn't guarantee the repair,
or even recommend it.  I'm not willing to risk the $$$ on an iffy repair.  I
don't enjoy changing cylinder heads any more than necessary.  :-)
Chad in
Tulsa.