[TR] TR3 Oxygen Sensor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 Oxygen Sensor
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:41:30 +0000
Shopping EBAY for a used TR3A OD switch and a working fuel guage that works
with the replacement sending units (couldn't locate one, so if anyone has one
for sale contact me off list?), I ran across this:

OXYGEN SENSOR triumph TR3A 60-61 1960 1961 part auto
Item number: 230274790698

So question:  How the heck would an oxygen sensor work in an old Triumph?
Admittedly, I know next to nothing about these new-fangled gadgeted-up
tinmobiles.  But doesn't the oxygen sensor send signals to some doohickey that
calibrates fuel mixture on a moment to moment basis????  And ain't there no
such doohickey in a TR3A???

Terry, '59 TR3A (TS 58667)
New Hampshire

http://www.vtr.org