Re: [TR] Ball Joint Rubbers

To: Don Spence <dkspence@telus.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Ball Joint Rubbers
From: tom white <tswhitez123@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:00:17 +0000
I'm sure glad no one told me this before I did it.  It has worked fine for
over a year.

Best regards,
Tom

From: dkspence@telus.net
Subject: Re: Ball Joint Rubbers
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:35:12 -0600
To: triumphs@autox.team.net

Sorry to be so blunt but, dumb idea.   While duct tape may be good for many
things, (except taping heating ducts) this is not one of them. The exposure to
moisture, air flow and flexing would soon cause the tape to dry out and let
go. As well, any contamination on the rubber, including or especially shipping
wax, would impair adhesion. That and the convoluted surface would make it
difficult to get a good "set" in the first instance. Then you add the
environment in which you expect it to operate... The one thing that duct tape
will stick to forever, is itself, sticky side to sticky side. Other than that
it dries out relatively quickly and falls off.CheersDon
On 21-Apr-08, at 12:00 PM, triumphs-request@autox.team.net wrote:From: tom
white <tswhitez123@hotmail.com> Date: April 21, 2008 7:51:00 AM MDT (CA) To:
<terryrs@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [TR] Ball Joint
Rubbers

 Duct tape over the rubbers.
 Best regards, Tom

Make i'm yours.  Create a custom banner to support your cause.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Contribute/Default.aspx?source=TXT_TAGHM_MSN_
Make_IM_Yours

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net