[TR] TR3 Steering wheel shimmy

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 Steering wheel shimmy
From: "Ed Oot" <eoot@citlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:04:21 -0400
Morning all,

Looking for a diagnostic list to determine the cause of a steering wheel
shimmy. It occurs at around 40 and I believe diminishes a bit above 60. I only
feel/see it in the wheel. I do not feel it in "seat of the pants" or rest of
the car. I have rotated tires, front to back, which had no effect. I did
replace front wheel bearings this spring. With the car jacked and hands on
wheel at 6 and 12 there is no movement. The toe in does seem off a bit.

TIA
Ed

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net