Re: [TR] TR6 counter shaft

To: Alan Salvatore <6parts@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 counter shaft
From: <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 22:55:18 -0800
> The book says they are made up for them and of a harder quality than others.
>
> Anyone have any experience with these?

Really hard to do a head-to-head comparison on these; since the real question
is what it looks like after 20,000 miles.  I bought mine from TRF, but have no
way of knowing if it lasts better than one from Moss or not.

However, if Charles & the folks @ TRF felt it was necessary to commission their
own shaft instead of buying from the same supplier Moss gets them from; I think
it's safe to say that there really was a problem with the cheaper shaft.  I
know I wouldn't want to find out the hard way, even if someone handed me $20 to
do so.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net