Re: [TR] Big Box U-joints?

To: "Ashford Little" <70tr6@mindspring.com>, "Triumph Email List"
Subject: Re: [TR] Big Box U-joints?
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 08:45:42 -0700
Having tried a number of U-Joints from a number of different Auto parts
stores, I have found a wide variety of results, mostly bad.

They vary from "they just don't fit right" to " they break easily",  Most of
the culprits were made in the far east and were very affordable (read,
"cheap")

I finaly broke down and bought some Dana Spicer U-Joints (sometimes hard to
find) and haven't had any failures since.  The Hardy Spicer ones (also not
easy to find) are also highly recommended.

In short, since these are critical parts in the drive train, it is much
better to spend a few extra bucks on quality parts and avoid the time it
takes to install replacements later on.

Just my humble opinion,
Joe Curry