Re: [TR] basic stuff?

To: "'dorpaul'" <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>, "'list Triumph'"
Subject: Re: [TR] basic stuff?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:05:09 -0800
> If the wire from the coil to the points is taken off on my
> stock '60 TR3, will
> the wires to the spark plugs have power?

Nope.  Removing that wire is a very effective way of disabling the spark,
recommended when doing compression checks or similar things that require the
engine be cranked with the plugs disconnected (or removed).  Otherwise the
misguided spark can do some mischief to the high voltage components (rotor,
cap, wires).  But the engine will definitely not run with the point wire
disconnected.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net