Re: [TR] TR3 steering box

To: Mike Denman <mikedenman@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 steering box
From: <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 0:08:44 -0700
> If you were to fill the box and the column up to
> the bottom of the upper filler plug the box would be "overfilled" and
> seemingly the extra oil in the column would put pressure on all the seals in
> the box. Am I missing something in my understanding?

Book says to fill to the level of the upper plug, so that's what I do.  The
extra pressure on the seal is very minimal, it should be able to handle it with
ease.

Don't forget, all the steering components on a TR3 originally came from some
other car (mostly a Mayflower as I recall).  Likely the fill plug on the box
was used in a different application.

Randall