[TR] (no subject)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List)
Subject: [TR] (no subject)
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:02:38 +0000
>Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:38:34 -0400
>From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
>Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Electronic Ignition Question
>To: "'Daehler, William F'" <william.f.daehler@delphi.com>,
>       <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>
>Better yet, there's this one http://www.123ignition.nl/id/22.html  It's a
>drop in replacement distributor. Only problem is you'd have to have your
>tach converted to electronic.
>

>Bob Danielson
>1975 TR6 CF38503U
>Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
>http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org

Are you sure about that?  I have looked at these a little.  It looks as if they
are a LITERAL drop-in replacement.  Admittedly, I was looking at one that would
fit the TR4A, however.

It looks as if they will fit in the original distributor pedastal, which on the
TR2-4A (at least) engines has the tach drive in the pedastal.

It looks as if the original tach drive would still work on my car.  Not so on
the TR6?

Other than offering variable amounts of total advance, and being NEW not worn
out, it does not seem to be all that much better than a more standard style
distributor with an aftermarket electronic ignition.

The installation instructions are not very thorough.  The description of the
vacuum advance functions is sketchy.  The manual does not clearly chart the
advance curve.  Neither the vacuum advance curve, nor the "mechanical advance"
curve of the electronic advance unit.  I would be more comfortable with more
info.

-Tony