[TR] TR3A no oil pressure?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A no oil pressure?
From: amcewen2@cogeco.ca
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 21:29:40 -0400
Hi listers,

I've always been fairly smug that I had 40-50psi, I recently took my dash
apart for some electrical work when I put it
back together: no oil pressure, maybe 10-15 psi at the most.

I figured the oil line needed bleeding like a brake line so I loosened the
fitting at the back of the gauge until some
oil dribbled out.  Still no pressure.

I broke open the fitting at one of the mid way joins and either oil would
gently dribble out or it was dry.   I took the
line off from the filter base and blew it out, still no pressure.

I put about 20psi of air back down the line in the opposite direction and
still nothing.  I didnt dare do more then
20psi as I figured there might be some check valve/spring that Id dislodge.
Ive replaced 10w30 with 20w50 to try
and increase pressure but nothing.

The whole time the filter canister is warm to the touch and the valve springs
visible from the oil filler are at least
wet with oil, the valve train isnt making any more noise then before (I dont
think), so I think I have oil flow in
the engine.

Any ideas?

===     http://www.vtr.org