[TR] TR6 Rear Brake Upgrade

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'6-Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 Rear Brake Upgrade
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:09:05 -0400
Bob Lang just tipped me off to an easy brake upgrade for a TR6. Just drop in
Sunbeam Alpine (.750 bore) or Morgan (.875 bore) rear wheel cylinders and
you can get a pretty significant increase in rear wheel braking. Then I
found this article ( http://www.turbo-tr6.info/tr6_brake_install.html )
which addressed both Bob's suggestion and the Toyota 4 pot front calipers.
My question is the price difference for the rear wheel cylinders for OEM
(Morgan $150 each Rebuilt S/S) and after market ($30 each Alpine). That is a
HUGE price spread. I don't mind spending more for quality but that seems a
little much....so to speak.

Anyone have any experience with these and why the huge price difference?

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection