RE: [TR] Heater connections

To: "'John Gillis'" <jgillis@tcd.ie>, "'Triumph List'"
Subject: RE: [TR] Heater connections
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:12:14 -0700
> Could somebody be so kind as to explain which pipe goes to
> which connector on the bulkhead (firewall) when connecting
> the heater unit to a sidescreen TR. I am presuming it does
> matter, the WS manual mentions the left connector of the
> heater goes ............., but which one is the left?.

With the core assembled to the heater unit, and the unit oriented the way it
goes in the car; one pipe will be to the left and forward (relative to the
car), while the other will be to the right and rear.  The left, forward pipe
goes to the LH feedthrough in the bulkhead.  The right, rear pipe goes to
the RH feedthrough.

It's actually not critical at all, the core will flow the same in either
direction.  It just leaves slightly more room under there.

Might be worth pointing out that common "heater hose", at least the stuff
they sell us here in the USA, won't work well in this location.  The hose
you use needs to have reinforcement so it won't kink where it's attached to
the pipes at the heater core and block the flow.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org