RE: [TR] no heater wire?

To: "'list Triumph'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] no heater wire?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:51:19 -0700
> I've heard that the heater was an option on the TR3, but, I
> know i've got one.
> However, I don't see a wire(s) for it- waz up with that?

Since it was optional (I guess), there was never any provision for it in the
main wiring harness.  And, I've never seen any factory documentation as to
how it was connected on the later cars with the self-parking wipers.  (The
wiring given in the factory manual/Bentley will only work for cars with the
early non-self-parking wipers.)

However, I believe the power for the heater motor on the later cars came off
the back of the fuel gauge (green wire), with a separate wire from there to
the control mounted through the dash outboard of the steering wheel (but
inboard of the OD switch if so equipped); and another wire from the control
to the heater motor.  There is a bullet connector about 12" from the motor.

The ground wire from the heater motor should be attached to the LH dash
bracket (according to the factory manual).

The heater motor is not polarity sensitive; but the ground wire has a ring
terminal, while the hot wire has a bullet terminal.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org