[TR] final update

To: Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] final update
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 16:40:30 -0400
Hello,

Well this is the final update on the TR4 project. I put plates on the car last
Thursday drove it a bit but it didt seem to have the power I expected.

I figured out the timing must be off.

Well today I put some quality "time" into the timing and took it out for a
spin and it was much better. Ran really smooth with the power that the motors
are famous for! Turned out that I had set the distributor a bit too far
advanced. I am guessing about 8 to 10 degrees too far.

All I have to do is make some adjustments here and there.

I have to say that it is a bit easier to drive then the 58 3. Steering is
smooth and effortless compared to the 3. Seems to be a bit flatter in the
turns.

When I first drove the car with the too far advanced timing, I first thought
that the exhaust was much quieter than the 3, but now that I have the timing
all sorted out, when I jump on the gas, the engine lets you know it is alive.

The exhaust system is a Bell stainless. The 3 has the standard mild steel. I
think the Bell is a bit louder than the mild steel.

Anyway it looks like the  4 was an upgrade for sure way back in 61.

Bob

Now with a 58 TR3A, 63 TR4, 74 T140V and a 98 Thunderbird T3.
I think that will just about do it!

PS. Beautiful day here in Central NY, Perfect top down weather!

===     http://www.vtr.org