RE: [TR] TR3 Bumper Brackets

To: suhringtr36@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3 Bumper Brackets
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:31:55 -0500
>  Anyway, my question to the list are
>the bumper brackets identical in shape or is one bent out further than the
>other?

>Scott Suhring
>Mechanicsburg, PA
>'70 TR6
>'59 TR3

Scott:

As I recall, and that's not very well, the brackets angle slightly (about 30
degrees?) outwards from the frame and then bend out again at the front to
line up with the front apron/bumper attachment. The left and right are
mirror images of each other. The forward bend makes that end 90 degrees to
the frame, more or less. Sorry, I'm not going out to the Laboratory to look.
Too cold!

The brackets for the AMCO sway bar I had on the racecar fell on the 30
degree angled part of the bumper bracket, so I made adaptors from steel that
stuck inward from the bumper bracket. These alowed the sway bar brackets to
line up correctly with the sway bar.

Hard to explain with words, but I could draw it for you. Mechanicsburg is
not too far, so I can make a house call if necessary.

John

===     http://www.vtr.org