RE: [TR] TBI Conversion Update

To: "Mark Gendron" <trlist01@canleyworks.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TBI Conversion Update
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:41:49 -0500
Hi Mark,

I'll answer but know right up front that I do have a financial interest in
TBI as the builder.

> How much power increase do you anticipate? Will it be comparable
> to a European-spec TR6 with the mechanical fuel injection?

I would say that the gain is similar as long as the other upgrades to match
the European PI car are the same, meaning a cam and increased compression.
The average US spec TR6 usually dyno's at somewhere between 65 and 75 HP at
the rear wheels. The European spec PI TR6 rated at 150HP at the flywheel
likely dynoes at about 112HP at the rear wheels. Running TBI With those same
upgrades plus a ported head and roller rockers, Dave Murray has gone from 60
HP at the rear wheels to 125. Please note that we are talking rear wheel
horsepower rather than the higher numbers at the flywheel.

The gain from TBI is due to efficiency, precise fuel delivery and ignition
timing, both programmable. The TBI engine is very smooth running and
responsive.

Rick Patton
http://sidedrafttbi.com/

snip