Re: [TR] Transmission ID, Please?

To: hoyt@cavtel.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Transmission ID, Please?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 22:32:41 EST
In a message dated 1/9/2007 5:02:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hoyt@cavtel.net writes:

I posted  this a year or so ago and got no seminal responses, but perhaps now
there  are new people on this list who might know.

I have a Triumph  transmission with an overdrive, but the serial number of
the
transmission  is _not_ a tr2/3 number. There are two numbers:

WYF  E336
304642SW

What is it from? I can send a picture if anybody  thinks that may help them
identify it.

==AM==
Sorry to be annoying; I'm really trying to help. Is there any number  STAMPED
on anywhere, preferably beginning with a two-letter prefix? Presumably  we
can rule out the presence of such a number with a TS or CT or similar
TR-specific prefix, but I'm thinking along the lines of MB or something
similar.

And what's the diameter of the input shaft? Is it smaller than a typical TR
gearbox? What I'm thinking is that it might be a Triumph 2000 gearbox, similar
 in outward appearance to those of the "big" TRs but -- at least on the early
 ones -- a Vitesse input shaft (smaller than that of the "big" TRs but larger
 than that of a Herald/Spitfire).

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org