[TR] RE: TR3 - lower wishbone removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] RE: TR3 - lower wishbone removal
From: ray@raysmg.com
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:05:39 -0700
I was back under the TR3 this morning and had success.

I did not notice any damage to the frame or suspension, but, it is a 46
year old car. One reassuring note was that the brackets welded to the
frame that hold the lower wishbone pivot pins still showed red paint,
the original color of the car...of course, if repaired that could have
been resprayed.

Following advice from the list I loosened the two long bolts that attach
the steering box to the bracket welded to the frame. With the bolts
removed and using an 18" screwdriver to apply light pressure to the
bottom of the steering box I was able to raise it about 3/8", just
enough to remove the lower wishbone arm.

Thanks for the help,

Ray

Ray McCaleb
ray@raysmg.com