[TR] Clunks I thought they were supposed to do that!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Clunks I thought they were supposed to do that!
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 20:30:47 -0600
Since the discussion is all about clunks I have one too.  I have assumed
that it is the diff on my 4A that seems to have some "play"  The U-joints
are new, and the wheels and hubs are new.  It is most noticeable on take off
from a stand still and in reverse.  I had assumed it was in the dif, should
I be looking elsewhere?  One of our local Brit car mechanics told me to
ignore it until it gets worse and I haven't noticed any change in the last
5000 miles.  My upper mounts are solid as far as I can tell.

Mark
Nashville
http://www.arrestmered.com

===     http://www.vtr.org