Re: [TR] Paint prep

To: DLylis@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Paint prep
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:59:23 EST
In a message dated 12/24/2006 6:12:55 AM Central Standard Time,
DLylis@aol.com writes:
> The paint needs to be removed.

I forgot, there is another alternative.  Metal Rehab (metalrehab.com) in the
greater Dallas area.  They are one of the sponsors of the convention and gave
a tech talk (which I missed).  They have an alternative process that they
don't describe in detail on their website.  They also do a fluidized quartz bed
where the paint and bondo will be baked off but they don't recommend this for
cars (appearently but I'm not sure, like I said, they are not very detailed on
their website).  Maybe the temperature will cause the sheetmetal to warp.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org